Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall 2013 Reading List

Hi Everyone! Every season, I come up with a reading list. I love to read, and if I don't list, I tend to go overboard (as in reading 9 books in a weekend and accomplishing nothing else). So in the interest of my wallet, the cleanliness of my house, and my sanity, I have learned to limit it down to 5-6 books per season. I also have been trying to mix it up a bit, reading a few different genres with different release dates. Here's what I'll be reading:

1. Janet Evanovich- Takedown Twenty. At this point, I've read the first 19; I'm invested in Stephanie Plum's life. While some books don't have the greatest of plot-lines and the choices Stephanie makes are questionable at best, I always enjoy these cotton candy books. Even if this is Janet Evanovich's worst book yet, I will probably keep reading because I'm dying further the plotline with Stephanie and Morelli. There are probably some Ranger fans out there, and to you, I am sorry.

2. Amy Tan- The Valley of Amazement. Amy Tan always has well-written, book club-worthy novels, and I'm sure this will be no exception. This book comes out in November, and if there is anyone who wants to start a book club with me on this one, I am in.

3. Veronica Roth- Allegiant (Divergent Series #3). If you haven't read this dystopian YA series yet, you should, because the movie is coming out soon. If you liked the Hunger Games, you'll like the Divergent series. Unfortunately for me, I jumped onto this series to early and actually had to WAIT for this next book to come out. Available October 22.

4. Markus Zusak- The Book Thief. Another YA novel. This was recommended to me by so many people that I am finally throwing in the towel and reading it. Okay, so originally I didn't read it because it was $9.99 on my nook, and I just was not prepared to spend that much money on a book that I am going to read so quickly and can't display on a shelf. I just purchased it in the Nook store, because it went on sale for $3.99. I'm starting this one first, and am really looking forward to it. Likely, there will be tears, because it is about the Holocaust.

5. Aisha Tyler- Self Inflicted Wounds. This was another one that I waited to purchase until it was a Nook daily deal ($2.99!). I find Aisha adorable and so funny, and this book is her life story in all of her hilariousity. I've also heard rave reviews on this one, so I believe this will be second on my list. This is the only non-fiction book on my list, as I normally read blogs and I actually get a newspaper (how adult of me!).

6. Aldous Huxley- A Brave New World. Can you believe that I have never read this book? I'm pretty sure everyone has read it at one point or another in high school/middle school, but I must have been missed. I've been on a mission to go back and read all of the great literature I've missed, and this is Fall's assignment. Update: I didn't actually get to this one. I read Discover Your Optimal Health instead.

I'm starting on my assignment this evening, and will update you with how it goes. What's on your fall reading list? Are there any books on the list for which you would want a detailed book review? Comment below.

Fun Note: Google Blogger's spell check kept trying to change dystopian to piano. Just one of the things I find humorous.

2 comments:

DPogue said...

I pre-ordered the Amy Tan book - cannot wait!

Riley said...

Awesome! Can't wait to talk with you about it!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.