Monday, November 25, 2013

Takedown Twenty Review

Hey all! Just wanted to post a quick review about Janet Evanovich's latest Stephanie Plum novel, Takedown Twenty. Stephanie (because by book twenty, we are on a first name basis) gets up to her usual hi-jinx, including the typical man problems, indulging in lots of junk food, and getting into some sticky situations. Standard fare for a Plum novel.

Fans of the series should expect the usual ongoing jokes, a fare amount of your favorite characters, and a giraffe. Nothing life-shattering happens with the plot line, but I came in with low expectations on that one (with just a glimmer of hope).

There have been mixed reviews out on this one, mostly because people are expecting something more than what the past nineteen have been. It's an easy read that reminds you just how funny Stephanie and her "accomplices can be".

Overall, I liked it. I thought it was one of the better Plum novels in recent memory. I may or may not have read the entire book the evening it came out. Okay, so I did. Feel free to judge me for it.

If you haven't read it already, Takedown Twenty will be a fun, light read this holiday weekend for fans of the series. If you haven't read any of the books yet, I would take the time and start with One for the Money. It's a barrel of laughs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.