Sunday, November 24, 2013

Keep.com

Hi everyone! Did you enjoy Holiday Gift Week 2013? I'm going to be honest, while I loved shopping, collecting, and creating the images for the Gift Week, it was a little hard to not write about all the items, and just give you a picture. I felt a bit detached.

But don't worry, I kept myself busy by writing a bunch of posts, reading some books, and working on a few craft projects. I can't wait to share everything with you over the next few weeks (did I ever think I would be like this?). Oh, and I have been wasting an unhealthy amount of time on...

Keep.com. Why didn't I come up with this? Seriously, it was living in my brain, and the Keep people extracted it somehow. Keep is like Pinterest, but only for products.

Think of the possibilities. You can create a shopping cart across the internet, and itemize them on different "collections", and all of the links are available to you at time of purchase. You can hold onto these items and wait for them to go on sale, and Keep will actually tell you when that happens. Or you can just "Keep" them around as a visual guide as you do your shopping.

Conveniently, sharing is simple, so creating wishlists or registries is a snap. I can see this being especially useful when furnishing a new home or starting a renovation project.  I have been doing something similar with my ongoing wishlist though Amazon's wishlist button, but this seems a lot more visually appealing. And there is a handy free app (called Keep Shopping) for "keeping" and shopping on the go.

It's chalk-full of positive reinforcement, such as "That's hot!" or "Awesome!". I find it endearing, but could see how it could get annoying to others after a while. For me, I get all excited. Yes, my keep is awesome, and therefore, I am awesome, too. And then, there are the recommendations for similar awesome products below each "keep". They've been pretty spot on, so it is a great feature.

I am not sure how this has escaped my notice for so long, because some of my favorite bloggers like Emily Henderson and Reichel Broussard from Copy Cat Chic have been on the bandwagon for a while now.  I am a new user, but if you are already on (or join), you should follow me. I'm seriously addicted. Here are some of my most popular "keeps" in the past week (apparently, these keepers love Anthropologie).
L to R, Top Row: Lauren Ralph Lauren Patterned Shawl Cardigan, Set of 3 Painted Wooden
Vases, Luminous Dots Pillow, Chalkboard Table Runner
Middle: Partita Flats, Midland Tweed Satchel
Bottom: JD Salinger Boxed Set, Silver Bells Wreath, Kate Spade Notebooks (Set of 2), Cozy
Classwork Cardigan, Stitched Velvet Bedding
There are tons of gift ideas, so if you couldn't find gifts for everyone during Gift Week, this is a great place to start browsing. If you would like to join, click here. And then, of course, follow me. Do you Keep?

Ah, so glad to be physically writing again, and I still got to include some pretty pictures. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.