Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Many Uses of Notebooks

So I've been putting A LOT of time and effort into coming up with products and patterns for my Etsy shop. The problem is: too many ideas, only twenty-four hours in a day. I've decided to release a limited number of products later this month (hopefully) and then a more comprehensive shop will be open in January. I'm having a little too much fun with this.

In the meantime, I have been trying desperately to keep all of my crazy thoughts organized. This inspired me to make this week all about the notebook, my organizational must-have. There are so many things you can do with a notebook, making it one of the most versatile office product available.
One of my very favorite notebooks, a Rhodia
in graph paper. I use this one as a writers notebook.
More on that later this week!

Here are just a few ideas:
1. as a journal, writing in the life stuff
2. creative writing and poetry
3. recording your dreams
4. inspirational quotes
5. words and phrases that inspire you
6. sketches
7. doodles
8. recipes
9. keeping track of your business
10. writing down things you are thankful for daily
11. logging the books you read and writing reviews
12. travel, to keep those memories forever
13. to-do lists, grocery lists, things to remember
14. finances: what you spent/where; bank ledger
15. an address book
16. creating your own planner
17. class/book/meeting notes
18. goals
19. wishes
20. project logs
21. knitting/crocheting/sewing patterns
22. brainstorming
23. a makeshift scrapbook
24. writing music
25. not so mental math/scratch paper
26. writing letters to people, even if you aren't going to send them
27. space planning
28. random, perfect thoughts
29. diet and exercise tracking
30. spiritual thoughts and notes

This is just the tip of the iceberg for a notebook's use. I personally love the tactile experience of a pen and paper, but a notebook doesn't need to be just that. You could use your computer, tablet, or smart phone, if you prefer, and create separate notes or sections for each topic that you wish. For example, I have a OneNote notebook designated for crafting inspiration, with little notes how I would do it differently (or better). Do you use your notebook for anything that I haven't covered?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.