Tuesday, November 5, 2013

5 Tiny Notebooks-Cute and Functional

We are halfway through Notebook Week, which means it is probably time for me to share some of my favorites. Small notebooks have a ton of different uses. Not only are they portable, but they are just plain adorable. Oh, and since this is me we are talking about here, all of them are fountain pen friendly. And I might as well add that I own all of them except the Field Notes, so if you are really curious, I will share what I do with them (and if you are not curious, you will have to do some skimming). The links go to gouletpens.com, my favorite pen and notebook retailer, but they are available other places as well. Let's get down to it.

1. The Leuchtturm 1917 Jottbook. About 3.5" by almost 6". 30 sheets. So I have a bigger version of this, and the paper is infinitely better on the larger version, which almost made this little notebook a disappointment. I can only write on one side of the page with my pen, unlike the larger version, where I have no problem. However, it's bound so well and is so adorable, that I made it work. It also has a lot of the other Leuchtturm benefits, like a table of contents and page numbering. It's being used as a pattern book, which is probably better that I only use one side anyway.

2. Field Notes. 3.5" by 5.5". 24 sheets. While their standard brown package is very much in style right now, they also release limited edition colors every season. I would love to sign up for their yearly subscription service, because I am a nerd like that, but even I don't need that many little notebooks. I don't currently own one of these, but I am a fan nonetheless. They come in packs of three.

3.  Apica CD-5 Notebook. 2.8"x 4". 36 sheets. So this notebook is the tiniest of the bunch, and I love it. It comes in a variety of colors, and yes, there are bigger sizes if you want (I do! I do!). I haven't pinpointed an exact use yet, but it would be perfect as a tiny travel notebook for a week-long trip, or a quote book, or a great way to tell someone how much you care. These also would make great, inexpensive gifts. Also, there are bond offerings.

4. Clairefontaine Staplebound. 3"x 4.75". 24 sheets. So this one doesn't have the most amazing cover, but it comes in tons of colors, they have versions in cloth bound, top stapled, and wire bound, and it has the same awesome paper that's in my beloved Rhodia. This one is a crafting log, basically clocking in and out of my many projects, so I can price accordingly.

5. Midori Traveler's Notebook. 4.1" x 5.3". 40 sheets included. So I just have some of the paper inside, and it writes like a dream. If this were the only notebook I carried throughout the day, I would definitely invest in the full carrying case. It's classy, adorable, and completely customizable. It can hold up to three small notebooks inside (and yes, one of them can be a planner). There are a ton of little notebook inserts, as well as stickers, folders, etc. The one I have pictured is the Star Ferry Edition, but they also come in brown and black, as well as larger versions. Mine doesn't have lines, so it is used primarily for sketching (really horrible sketches-but at least I try!)

Any little notebooks that you are a fan of?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.