Thursday, December 5, 2013

Winter Reading List 2013-2014

Winter is coming....

Sorry, I couldn't resist a Game of Thrones reference. And for those of you located in the East Coast/Midwest, you have likely already had snow, and therefore, winter is already here. Time to snuggle up with a book by the fireplace.

I had tons of fun with my last reading list. It was a great way to make sure that I didn't let reading take over my life, as it so often did. I still have one additional book to review for Fall, but I will need a few days to recover from it. Sometimes books do that to me.

There are so many good books coming out, but so many older ones that I want to read. Winter is going to be a mix of these, I am thinking. It's not completely fleshed out, because who knows where my literary whims will take me this winter. I have left two open spots at the end of this list, so I can add things in as I go.

- The Chase 2/25/14 Janet Evanovich, Lee Goldberg. This is the sequel to The Heist, a new series by my dear friend, Janet E., who paired up with Lee Goldberg to write a police drama/comedy. I am not actually friends with Ms. Evanovich (I wish!), but I've read all of her books, so that kind of counts. It's a bit one-sided, this friendship.

The first one was a bit predictable, but I love a pairing of the bad guy meets kickbutt chick, so we will let that slide. I found the first one enjoyable, and am looking forward to a second helping.

-The Princes of Ireland, Edward Rutherford. I have to admit, I picked this one off the shelves of a bookstore randomly a few months back, but just haven't sat down to read it. It's staring at me as I type this, so I better get to it before it truly feels neglected. I'll let you know how it goes, because I truly don't know more about it than briefly glancing at the back cover. Sometimes, that's how I pick out books.

-The Blackberry Pie Murder (Hannah Swenson #17), Joanne Fluke. This is another adorable murder-mystery novel that always brings a smile to my face. And who knew there could be so many murderers in a small town? And there are recipes! Yum. The first ones are always on sale right before the newest book comes out, so I would check them out then (February), if you want a nice cold-weather pick-me-up.

-The City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1), Cassandra Clare. Another one that I've had around for a while, this one on my Nook, that I bought on super sale. They made a movie out of it, so it can't be THAT bad. Famous last words, I am sure. But, hey, I'm going to try it out. If I like it, I know there are more and I won't have to wait to read them. I won't blog about this one, so don't worry if you really don't care or already read it AGES ago.

To be honest, I will probably read two more books this winter, but I haven't set my heart on anything yet. There are a lot of authors that I've read before that I'm interested in reading their new books, but I've been burned before. I may also catch up on some other books I have stockpiled. If I read anything spectacular, I will be sure to let you know.

What are you excited about reading this winter? Any suggestions? And if you are looking for more ideas on what to read, check out my Fall Reading List for reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.